Recognition and Equipment information

Originally built by Brush as a demonstrator, this loco was part constructed in the LNER works at Doncaster and then taken to Brush at Loughborough for completion. It was largely based on the four 1944 built prototypes but had a number of technical refinements including air for starting and used a two-stroke power unit supplied by Brush/Petter.
After completion the loco un-numbered and painted in workshop primer operated at Loughborough for a short period. The loco was taken into loan stock on the BR Eastern Region stock just after Nationalisation, working in the Temple Mills and March area. In 1949 it was purchased by the BTC and numbered 15004. It remained in service until 1962.

Painted in BR black livery with Lion on Wheel logo, No. 15004 is seen at Doncaster Works.